First Aid for Infants
The purpose of the First Aid for Infants course is to provide the participant with the knowledge and skills to provide first aid to an infant or a child.
By the end of the course the participant knows:
- How to administer CPR - heart massage and rescue breathing - for infants
- How to operate an external automated defibrillator (AED)
- How to create open airways - e.g. in situations where the infant has something stuck in his/her throat
- How to place the infant in recovery position
You will also learn what to do when encountering the following situations:
- Febrile convulsions/seizures
- Violence against children
In addition you will receive training in:
- Emergency Fire Safety and Evacuation Instructions
- AED for Children Ages 0 - 8 years
- The 4 Key Points of First Aid
- The Chain of Survival
- Checking Consciousness
- Checking Breathing/Respiration
- Calling for Help
- Psychological First Aid
- and lots more in the first aid field
Certificate Upon successful completion the participants will receive a certificate of completion.
The course consists of both theory and practical application. We provide first aid training targeted to deal with children ages 0-8 years.
Our focus will be targeted to the age group that our participants have to deal with on a daily basis (e.g infants (0-1), toddlers (1-3), preschoolers (3-5)...
New: 3 - 6 hours
Refresher: 3 hours